Risk Frontiers - UK National Flood Resilience Review
30th October 2016
FMA Member Risk Frontiers has released its latest Briefing Note, concerning the United Kingdom National Flood Resilience Review.
Due to the recent major floods in the UK this year, a review of the nation’s flood resilience was completed by key Government Departments. The review focused on the following elements:
- Understanding extreme flood risks over the next 10 years
- Assessing the resilience of local infrastructure
- Improving flood response operations, including through the use of temporary flood defenses.
In the Briefing Note, Risk Frontiers has highlighted areas from the review which are relevant to Australia, and they are as follows:
- Risk to essential infrastructure
- Temporary flood defences
- Modelling improvements
- Communication of flood risk.
Download the full Briefing Note here.
Read the full UK Report, please visit