FMA YFM Young Floodplain Manager of the Year Award
Floodplain Management Australia’s nation-wide Excellence Awards will publicly recognise the outstanding contribution of FMA organisations and individuals towards promoting wise land use planning, reducing flood impacts, managing flood incidents or restoring communities after a flood event.
At the 2021 Online Conference, Floodplain Management Australia together with the Young Floodplain Managers network, will announce the winner of the inaugural Young Floodplain Manager of the Year Award. The Award aims to recognise a Young Floodplain Manager who has made an outstanding contribution or achievement to the floodplain management industry, and who embodies the core values of the Young Floodplain Managers network.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
A Full Three Day Registration to the 2022 FMA Conference and Pre-Conference Workshops to be held at Toowoomba, QLD plus Crystal Trophy plus Luxury Hamper. The Prize is valued at up to $1250 (based on Full Member pricing).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This award is open to all disciplines and specialties within the floodplain management space, including but not limited to community leaders, business owners, environmental specialists, engineers, scientists, communications specialists, built environment practitioners and others. You must be a current Member of FMA (or an individual who is an employee or representative of an FMA Member) and a current Member of the Young Floodplain Managers network.
- To be eligibile for the award, the individual must be 35 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
- Nominees should be nominated by an employer, colleague or peer, but may also nominate themselves.
- The Award selection panel for the year may identify suitable nominees.
- Previous winners are ineligible to apply.
- Current YFM Committee members are not eligible to apply.
- Previous nominees are eligible to apply.
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
Evaluation will be based on demonstrated commitment to one or more of the following objectives of the YFM, including:
- The individual’s commitment to collaborate and share knowledge
- An activity or project that demonstrates technical excellence or innovation
- Cultivation of opportunities to connect YFMs from across the public and private sectors as well as other young professional groups
- The extent to which the individual serves as an advocate for gender equality and diversity in all YFM activities and the broader industry.
NOMINATIONS CLOSED TUESDAY 6 APRIL 2021.
The winner will be announced at the upcoming FMA Online National Conference in May.