FMA Excellence Awards
Floodplain Management Australia’s nation-wide Excellence Awards publicly recognise the outstanding contribution of FMA organisations and individuals towards promoting wise land use planning, reducing flood impacts, managing flood incidents or restoring communities after a flood event.
The winners of the 2021 Excellence Awards will be announced at the FMA Online National Conference on the 27th May.
The FMA Excellence Awards are the highlight of our National Conference each year, and they offer the invaluable opportunity to showcase the incredible work professionals in the field of flood risk management have undertaken in the past 24 months.
Please click the links below to take you to the appropriate category page, which includes more information including downloadable information and nomination sheets.
The Excellence Awards are split into three categories:
FMA-NRMA Insurance Flood Risk Management Project of the Year - Nominations are open to any current Full, Associate, Corporate, Professional, Individual or Student FMA Member.
- FMA-Allan Ezzy Flood Risk Manager of the Year Award - Nominations are open to any current FMA Member, or individual who is an employee or representative of an FMA Member.
- FMA YFM Young Floodplain Manager of the Year Award - To submit a nomination, you must be a current FMA Member, or an individual who is an employee or representative of an FMA Member, and a current Member of the Young Floodplain Managers network. In addition:
- To be eligible for the Award, the individual must be 35 years or younger at the time of submission
- Nominees should be nominated by an employer, colleague or peer, but may also nominate themselves
- The Award selection panel for the year may identify suitable nominees
- Previous winners are ineligible to apply
- Current YFM Committee members are not eligible to apply
- Previous nominees are eligible to apply.
Please upload your completed nomination form and two (2) to four (4) supporting images below.
Please ensure you have downloaded and saved the Nomination Form to your computer before completing the fields - do not attempt to do complete it in a browser window.
You can only lodge one nomination at a time.
Please upload only the completed official PDF nomination form – no additional documents will be accepted. Please also ensure your four supporting Images are less than 5MB each.
If you do not receive a 'FORM SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL' notification on this page after submission, or you're having trouble with your forms, please Contact Us.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE TUESDAY 6 APRIL 11.59PM.