2021 Conference Call for Abstracts Now Open
3rd November 2020
The 2021 Conference in Sydney marks the 60th Anniversary of FMA, and will celebrate the history of the organisation, the Members that make the network possible, and the phenomenal advances in flood risk management.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Essential knowledge for a flood resilient future”, which will focus on the latest developments and achievements in flood and emergency management to assist in identifying, planning for and managing flood risks, and building disaster resilient communities.
Tertiary students studying floodplain management or natural disaster management and Young Floodplain Managers are particularly encouraged to participate and share their experiences.
The subject of the presentation should align with one or more of the following topic areas:
- National collaboration and coordination
- Data, devices and information management
- Flood prediction and warning
- Land use planning
- Infrastructure projects and asset management
- Flood policy, guidance and best practice
- Social and cultural aspects
- Emergency preparedness, response and recovery
- Flood stories and case studies
- Environmental aspects, climate change, coastal hazards and adaptation.
Call for Abstracts Close Friday 27th November 2020.
For further information on the Conference, and abstract submission, visit floodplainconference.com.