Wollongong 2008 Conference Papers
- Abbs, Deborah – Climate Change and its Impact on Flooding in SE Australia
- Cheung, Leonard – Modelling of Tsunami Waves Using an Existing Hydraulic Model
- Crompton, David – Flood Modelling: The Big Picture
- De Silva, Nilmini – Canley Corridor Overland Flood Study: A Comparison of Modelling Approaches
- Dufty, Neil – Being Prepared: Community Flood Education Planning in New South Wales
- Evans, Glenn – The Maitland Flood of 2007: Operation of the Hunter Valley Flood Mitigation Scheme and the Maitland City Local Flood Plan
- Frech, Marshall – From Motivated Denial to Informed Vigilance, A Critique of U.S. Flood Policy
- Goodman, Al – ASFPM’s Positions and Recommendations Concerning Federal FPM Policies and Programs in the USA
- Gibbins, David – Seizing the Newcastle Moment: Data Collection in the Aftermath of a Flood Event
- Grech, Paul – To Build or Not To Build:A Review of Fairfield’s Flood Risk Management Policy
- Haines, Philip – Difficulties Determining and Managing Flood Risks in Intermittently Open/Closed Coastal Lakes
- Haines, Philip – Rainfall and Flooding of the “Pasha Bulker” Storm, Newcastle, June 2007
- Heubusch, Daniela – Caravan Park Flood Evacuation Time Line Modelling
- Hyde, Amanda – Building Community Resilience for Flood Safety in Maitland and the Hunter Valley
- Maratea, Emma – The Art of Defining True Flood Hazard: A Case Study of Two Floodplains in the Illawarra Region
- McAneney, John – The Cost of Weather-related Natural Disasters: 1967-2006
- McKay, Gordon – Guidelines for Local Flash Flood Warning System Proposals
- McLuckie, Duncan – Adapting For Climate Change Impacts on Flooding
- McPherson, Bronson – Should We Develop a Flood Database for NSW?
- Molino, Steven – How Do You Improve Community Response to Warnings?
- Nichols, Paul – Merit-based Design in Floodplain Management
- Opper, Steve – When Too Much Risk Just Isn’t Enough: Welcome to Fortress Flood
- Rehman, Habib – Impact of Climate Change on Floodplains
- Ribbons, Sue – Overland Flooding Problems Across Your Council Area? No Money, No Time, No Data? … No Worries
- Rigby, Ted – Hydraulic Categorisation of the Floodplain: Why and How
- Smith, Grantley – Opportunities for Improving Flood Emergency Response with Advanced Flood Forecasting Decision Support Systems
- Van Drie, Rudy – Hazard: Is There a Better Definition? & Impact of Not Accounting For Buildings!
- Yeo, Stephen – What are Acceptable Flood Risks in Caravan Parks?
Unless specifically noted Conference Papers and Presentations have not been peer-reviewed.
The information, opinions, and recommendations contained in Conference Papers and Presentations are those of the authors and are not necessarily endorsed by Floodplain Management Australia (FMA). FMA makes no claims as to the accuracy of information contained in Conference Papers and Presentations. Readers must exercise their own judgment as to the suitability of the material for their purposes and should contact the authors if clarification is required.